Friday, July 10, 2009

Nominating A Few Heroes

In my typical day of driving my life at 1000 miles per hour, I am blessed with the opportunity to share with and learn from many people.

Every person, whether they represent something we like or don’t like, provides us with an opportunity to marvel at the creativity of the human mind and the notion that unlimited potential exists in all of us.

Given all of this potential, today’s world is complex and there are many people out there crying for help – perhaps one of them is us.

In this same world, there are many people who are answering the call, bringing their wonderful talents, strengths and compassion to bear to help in any way they can.  Perhaps one of these people is you also! :-)

On my full length version of my blog, located here, I nominate 5 special people who are heroes in my world:

Mark Hundley

Terry Reilly

Leonard Szymczak

My Family

A special hero I won’t name here

These people represent the best of humanity – people who do their best with what they have to make a difference in the lives of others.

The qualifications for being a hero have nothing to do with the scale of the act of heroism – we don’t need to be a hero for thousands of people.

What matters is that we use our gifts, talents and strengths to make a difference in the life of someone else.

When we do this, we are a hero to someone else.

You also have your own heroes.

I invite you to publically acknowledge them and share with the world why you believe they are a hero.

Despite what some people would say, the world is filled with heroes.  Let’s bring them out in the open and celebrate what makes them special.

We can all learn from them.

Yours in service and servanthood.

Harry

For the full length version of this blog on “Nominating a Few Heroes”, click  here.


No comments:

Post a Comment